Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's The Little Things

This morning was chilly, not sure how cold it was when we ran but when I was checking my email at about 6:30 it was 54.  Fall has arrived, at least in the morning.  Now the sun is shining 71 degrees and the forcast calls for wind,  yuck.

It's the little things that either begin your day on a high note or a low note.  This morning was good, first time since I had the "mystery flu" that I ran all my intervals.  Proud of that.

Stomach issues better

Back issues better

I'm at my lowest weight since starting this mission

Finally got to talk to the treadmill folks and although I have to wait until my DH gets home to help me take the cover off, she thinks it may be the controller and they will replace that.  Whoo Hoo!

Test - today I made a pact with myself that I was not going to "stalk" my garmin.  I had the intervals set and looking at the watch was not going to change anything.  I even think sometimes the more you look at it makes the run/intervals seem longer.  I knew how many laps we needed to run and "it is what it is"  just run till it's over. 

While running this morning I was thinking (scary I know).  The people that say run with easy knees and light feet have never had short stumpy legs with thunder thighs and a big butt.  Just saying

Feeling a bit better about the 24TheHardWay in OK which is in only 2 1/2 weeks.




No comments: