Monday, August 8, 2011

New Week

The sunrise was beautiful this morning as we started our workout! 

We bypassed our interval workout this morning to get our current average mile pace. 

Used the Garmin heart monitor for the first time this morning. (now I need to know how to figure out what my high low percentages should be)

Downloaded history and was pleased okay with results for the days workout.  Nice to know what I need to work on, but I'm not going to get to hung up on it because the #1 thing I have to work on is increasing my stamina!

Saturday we went to Lubbock mainly to check out the race site for next week and the hills that looked very steep on the map (yes yes I'm a nervous nelly).   Hills aren't that bad and I feel more relaxed comfortable knowing where we're going since we will be going over the morning of the race, not the night before.  Parking and bathroom situation does not look good!

While in Lubbock I got a running skirt with capris at Cardinals for 50% off (whoo hoo) but they didn't have an XL.  Got the L for next clothes goal.  I can get them on but nothing I could go out of the bedroom in.  Hung them on the front of the closet so I have to look at them all the time reminding me to stay on track.  Also got a yellow and black shirt and another pair of compression pants at Target, all 30% off!  Not exactly pleased with the middle stomach role that shows but I know I am working on that (planks, planks, and more planks)!

I have been off track on eating the last few days but this morning regrouped and back on track!  Tried Olive Garden salad and soup which will have to be added to the  NO list. 

"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."
-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian


Have a great week!

No comments: